Keto Cacao Nibs Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin has per 100 grams, 6 net carbs, and so we made a recipe based around 300 grams of cooked pumpkin. You can boil or roast pumpkin.
1. Bring water to boil in medium pot .
2. Take 300-500 grams of pumpkin and add to water, and then leave on medium high for 20 minutes, until pumpkin is tender and you can basically spoon it from the peel like a soft melon.
3. In blender, add your nut butters - I have used brazil nut and almond butter for example. Then add your coconut flour. I use dessicated coconut flour. Blend thoroughly in Ninja.
4. I use about a 10 X 8 inch glass baking container, I will grease the sides with a little bit of coconut oil, and then add my mixture in. It should be about 3/4 of an inch in thickness.
5. Then I will add the keto cacao nibs. I'll press them in and almost lightly cover them with the puree, so that they do not get as much direct heat as if lightly topped.
6. Bake for 300F for 30 minutes, or until you can put a fork or pin in the mixture and it comes out clean.
300 grams pumpkin (18 net carbs)
100 grams nut butter (almond) - 2.3 net carbs
50 grams brazil nut butter - 3.6 net carbs
75 grams dessicated coconut (I use this instead of coconut flour. Coconut flour at is going to have 4 net carbs at 14 grams which is a bit high, but you can use a lot less), whereas the dessiccated coconut has just under 3 net carbs per 75 grams.
75 grams keto cacao nibs (6 net carbs)
You can add cinnamon or turmeric as well. No need to sweetened because the pumpkin, coconut and keto cacao nibs already sweeten. With 6-8 portions and 33 net carbs, this is really an incredible dessert that I've made more and more recently. Hope you enjoy it.